His Eye Is On The Sparrow

This past few weeks I've been obsessed with a song from Sister Act II.

It could be because the simplicity yet deep meaningful lyric, it could be because Lauryn Hill and Tanya Blunt sang it very beautifully. Nevertheles, I can't get the song out of my mind.

"His Eye Is On The Sparrow"

Why should I feel discouraged
Why should the shadows come
Why should my heart fell lonely
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is he
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow

And I know he watches
He watches me
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches
I know he watches
I know he watches me

He watches me. Everywhere I go, every step I take, every decision I made, He watches. He guide me all the way. There are time I choose not to listen, there are times I regret things. But He still watches.

This song remind me of classic Sunday School song, "Burung Pipit yang Kecil".

Burung pipit yang kecil dikasihi Tuhan, terlebih diriku dikasihi Tuhan.
Bunga bakung di padang diberi keindahan, terlebih diriku dikasihi Tuhan.

Not merely because both songs mention birds, hehehe.
Also because God is great, He loves His creations. Wild flowers and little sparrows, more over human kind which He create similar to Him.



A sentence from "3 Idiots" movie that I like (don't remember the exact words but it went something like this):
Our little hearts? They got scared easily.
So I pat mine when I'm sacred, and say "all is well"




Conclusion?
My scared little heart, He watches.
He watches, He understands.
So be brave, for He will guide you all the way.




lyric from www.lyric007.com
video links to Youtube.com


Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Loud Pictures

Mama Papaku kena Covid - PROLOG

Cooking During Pandemic