The Satisfaction of Reaching a Goal

The goal was to reach body weigh under 49 kg in 2013. Today is February 6th, 2014 and I'm currently 48 kg. Lost about six or seven kilos in four months doesn't seem that much, does it? But I went to hell and back to get that. I'm not that big in the first place, but to be able to become fitter took a lot of hard work.

What did I do?

I pick a sport.
Then I fkin do it.
Three times a week, one hour each.

In terms of food, now I'm eating normally. There were a month or so, maybe back in September or October, when I mostly eat fresh vegetables and very little carbs. Ate red rice everyday, little dinner, and cook food on my own in order to limit calories. But a lot of times I snacked on Snickers. Limiting food consumption is crazy hard especially when you're a stress eater like me. So when I can't hold the hunger anymore, I ate Snickers bars. Started the total diet + exercise combat in June 2013 and it wasn't until November that the result finally shows.

Mostly ate this kind of food: protein, cooked with little spice. And LOTS of fresh veggies. Mostly raw veggies with plenty of mayo hahaha... Or boiled veg with a bit of salt.


The exercise was:
Run for 45mins then some muscle training (5kg barbel each hand)
or, my favorite:
SWIM.
I swim 30-50 laps each time. I am very proud to say that I've done 500 laps during November. With Sutra my cousin as the counter and witness hahahha. The swimming pool isn't very long, about 10m only. But I am very proud to have achieved that 500 laps goal. My personal record was 73 laps in two hours.

Two hundred laps in two weeks

After reaching 48 kg body weigh I have started to have normal carefree dinners again. I don't have the body of a SNSD member, but I do feel content.

Mei 2013
Januari 2014

Mei - November - Januari



March 2013
December 2013


Changes from Mei to November
Personal goal: 500 laps in November

 Most importantly, I am very grateful that this fitter body does look better in pictures. Just in time for our engagement photo shoot. I am very pleased hehehe. Engagement photos to follow!



Never be ashamed for something you have worked so hard for.


Work hard!
Pray hard!
(Oh yes I prayed for this. During the months of enduring diet program, I pray to God for a fitter body and a strong soul to continue exercising. The truth is: I HATE SPORTS. Hate it so much I refuse to spend money by becoming a gym member or yoga member or buying any new sport attire. I wear the same running shoes and swimsuit from high school. The only money I spend for the diet program was for a pair of swimming googles. Only for that and nothing more.)


If I can do it, anyone can.

DCS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loud Pictures

Cooking During Pandemic

Mama Papaku kena Covid - PROLOG