Over Sharing?

Just this morning I tweeted something about sharing on social media. 

People should contemplate, what should they and shouldn't they share?
What is ok? What is off limits? 
How far should one let their personal thoughts out there? Where did sharing stop and bragging starts?

As far as I remember, I haven't post half about my life in this blog. Not the deepest, most personal moments. Not all of my accomplishments either. To my relief, even during misguided teenage years, somehow I haven't written it all. It's ok to share, it's ok to brag. I share. I brag. But to some extent. We should preserve something just to ourselves and closed ones, shouldn't we? 

I did this, I accomplished that. I went here, I visited that. I own this, I own that. All these sosmed and apps tell you to share. Sharing is good, it's a positive word. But perhaps one should step back and contemplate how far should one share. Are you letting everyone know to much? Are you ok with people prying to every single detail of your life? It's ok to take pride of your achievements, of your possesions even. But perhaps a little bit of discretion would be wise.

Today, with all these sosmed frenzy, there is that temptation of letting everyone know everything, all the effin time, all the effin place. 
I use the word tempation. Not pressure. Pressure means there are forces that's making you do things, even if you're reluctant. Temptation is the desire to do something. It's completely up to you. 

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions. And so am I. My opinion is, we should try not to over-share.

It's not like I'm vowing not to share on sosmed ever again. Absolutely not. All I'm saying is, we should probably think before we hit the post button.

Love,
D. C. S.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loud Pictures

Mama Papaku kena Covid - PROLOG

Mafalda