I Have Nothing

another rambley ramble ramble post.

Everytime death news comes across any social media, especially if it's about a world icon, I can't help but think about life and death. It's so sad. When a soul departed, there are people left behind. It is part of life. The question is, what have the soul had made use with its life? Has one accomplished things? Dedicated life for career, dedicated life for some one else, or simply let life pass by? Each life journey, I say, have their own arguments. I'm not trying to preach anything here. I just have these thoughts and would like to write it down in my blog. Now. When I think about Whitney Houston, I think about my mom. My mom is a big fan of hers. She likes to sing with her style and sings to her songs. I remember during secondary school my mom would exercise using Whitney's upbeat songs. One of Whitney's song I love the most came from this memory, "It's not but it's OK". My mom has the album, play it in the morning, hence it stuck in me. A couple of days ago, she died. Some people say she died of drugs. It's so sad. Pondering on reasons of drug using. Why would people use drugs. May be out of curiosity. May be for the sake of the experience. I don't know. When celebrities use drugs, could it be because they have everything so they want something that they are not supposed to have? It is a possibility. Then I think about people who take their own life. One must be in a severe self depression and sadness and deep dark emotion to undertake such thing. Thinking about this I am very grateful for knowing Jesus. I'm not saying people who do drugs or suicidal don't know Him. May be they do. I can't speak for them. All I know, when I'm in a dark place, I know there's ONE guy who would never leave. All I know, there's a guy whose love for me so big He died for me. And He comforts me. And strengthens me. He let me know, even if I'm not bright not smart not pretty not funny not nice not anything, He still cares for me. I pray for those who is in a dark place. May love reaches you. And may you able to open your heart and receive the abundant love someone out there so readily give you. One more thing. I read some comments about people ranting about the comments on Whitney's death. They rant about people showing sympathies and condolences on her death, saying they don't really know her and they overreacting and there are many people die everyday and not everyone mourn them. Well. To that, I say that that is the show of affection and love. Whitney's works have touch so many people. I am one of millions who cry to her songs after a break up. That's the thing with music. It touches your heart. When a musician able to touch your heart so deeply and she passed away, you show your affection and love towards her. I think it's one of the wonders of life. People mourn for other people they admire, respect, care for, especially the ones they love. Let me stop here before ramble some more.

Lastly, this is a video of Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
Heard it in high school. Kinda motivated me to ran as ketos, which I won.

There can be miracles when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe

When You Believe - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loud Pictures

Mama Papaku kena Covid - PROLOG

Cooking During Pandemic